Friday, January 31, 2014

It's the Year of the Horse!

Happy Chinese New Year!

My friends Julie and Ivy stopped by to celebrate for a bit. 


I was excited to give them the presents I made them. Can you see them in this picture?

We're welcoming in the Chinese year of the Horse. Did you know that Julie and Ivy were born in the year of the Horse, too?
So, I made Julie and Ivy both their own necklaces with a horse on it.

Here's Julie.

Ivy got Chinese lantern earrings, too, since she has pierced ears. (Argh, I hope it's my turn, soon!)

Would you believe I used Shrinky Dinks for this project? Julie and Ivy said this was "groovy!"



I found the lanterns in the Klutz "Shrink Plastic Jewelry" book, and traced a horse graphic I found online, but you can use your own artwork, too.
You can use this technique for AG, Hearts for Hearts Girls, and for big people, too! Plus, you draw the pictures, so you can make jewelry for any holiday or theme you want.
If you want to learn step-by-step how to make jewelry like this, stay tuned.
I'm making Minions earrings for my cousins next week, and some Valentine things, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment