Saturday, January 11, 2014

I got Yarn... and a Sheep?!?

Another awesome present I got this year was this: more yarn. 
I love crocheting, so more yarn is always a good gift idea. These are just the right size, too! They're called Bon Bons, and I'd been eyeing them at the store for months - it was so fun to get them as a present!



Yep, our Christmas Tree is still up. We celebrate Christmas until January 7th. There's so much to do before Christmas, so we like enjoying it (and our presents) for a while afterwards. We'll be saying goodbye until next year tomorrow night, I think. 


Lion Brand makes the yarn. I got the sparkly ones, but there were lots of different kinds and colors.

Anyway, I got some other awesome presents that kind of go with my yarn, too.
I got a SHEEP!


Ok, it's not really my sheep to keep. I've always wanted one, but it would be hard to keep a sheep here in the city! The sheep ornament is for me, and the real sheep is going to go help other people. Then they'll be able to use the sheep's wool to make their own yarn, year after year.

I love that my family thought of things I like to do, and gave me cool presents that would help share that with other people, too!


 I also got a goat, which is cool because I love goat cheese. My cousin has a REAL goat, and I've always been jealous. My family also thought it was funny when I wanted to learn to make cheese myself. It uses just cow's milk and lemon juice (and a stove, so little kids should have help!), and it's almost like magic watching the cheese form! 
Plus, I got a ANOTHER one that is a donation to help kids who are in the hospital. 
The ornaments are fun to get, and I love that they also help other people, too!

I wonder if I'll get another animal next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment