Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A SNOW DAY Surprise!

I woke up early this morning to a scrape, scrape, scraping sound coming from outside. Someone was shoveling out their car, and I slowly remembered - we got more SNOW yesterday!
Positively EVERYTHING was closed today, so I was surprised someone had to go to work. Still, I was excited to get up and see all the snow we got.



I sat up and stretched.


Then found my glasses. They're always in the weirdest places in the morning.
How'd they get on TOP of my bed?!?


I pulled on a pair of boots and the first coat I could find and hurried outside.
There was even snow INSIDE the door!


The snow was as high as our front steps - the door flattened the snow out as I opened it.


I made sure to take a ruler out to our front garden to measure the snow - it looks like we got 11 inches!
Can you find the ruler in this picture? It's almost buried!


It's V-E-R-Y cold outside though - still just 3 degrees! - so I hurried back inside.
I was about to take off my snow-covered boots when...



...I spotted a pile of mail in a corner just inside the doorway. 
The mail must have arrived very late last night because of the snowstorm.



The biggest package had MY name on it!


I knew what THIS was, and I was so, so happy my housemate brought this box inside! 
I left my boots in a dripping pile by the door, picked up the package, and hurried to the sofa.










Inside, there was a MUMMY!!!!


Just kidding. It's my Mini Emily, back from travelling. She went all the way to Sweden and Denmark, and also to Minnesota. (One of my big people used to live there!)


Emily brought back a postcard, signed by all the new friends she made.



I especially loved the souvenir postcard with a gnome and a cat. The cat reminds me of the cats here!



So, Mini Emily made sure to show Maggie.


And Lily. Because Lily loves getting her picture taken.



You can read more about Emily's adventures with her new friends on Captain Felicity Merriman's blog at 


I'm off to finish some chores (blech! what a waste of a snow day!)  - more later!



No comments:

Post a Comment