Monday, December 23, 2013

Making Christmas Goody Bags with AG Crafts Stamps

Yesterday, I gave out Christmas goody bags at Sunday School. I made them last week, during the big ice storm. I was so upset that it wasn't possible to go out and buy decorated Christmas bags and more things to put inside. I thought and thought, and then I remembered my mom using plain brown lunch bags to wrap things in sometimes. I could have bags decorated for Christmas, even if the ice storm kept me inside!

Here's how I made them:

I used plain brown lunch bags.
A Christmas stamp set.

The AG Crafts Gift tag set. This came from Michael's, and I'm not sure if they make it anymore.

Crayola Washable Markers
Crayola Colored Pencils

...And Pipe Cleaners

First, I set up stamps I liked, and picked the color crayons and colored pencils I wanted to use.
I started with the snowman stamp from the Christmas set, with the word "From" on it from the AG set.
It still looked really plain with just those, so I made another stamp with the fancy stars from the AG set.

Before: 

And, with the fancy stars:
I also drew a fancy squiggle under the stamped design, and colored in the snowman and stars.

Then, I got together the treats to give out:

There's stickers, jelly bracelets, pop pencils, candy canes, and Tastycakes.
I couldn't find the bouncy balls I picked out, but I hope everybody likes these things.

I couldn't go out and buy ribbon to tie the bags, either. 
I looked for something else, and found sparkly pipe cleaners in with my craft things. 
To do what I did, you need to fold over the top of the bag and punch two holes near the top. Next, use the pipe cleaners to close the bags like I you're using a twist tie, then curl the ends around a pencil. The ends will look springy like a fancy curled ribbon, but they'll stay that way without getting as tangled!


 I was so excited with how the goody bags sparkle!


So, yesterday I gave out the goody bags, and even got my own! There were two little presents, so I knew I needed to share with my sister, Anna.
 This bag is huge! 

 Anna dove right into the bag, to find the first present.
We got a pink flower... 

 ... and a blue flower!
 Our flowers are solar powered, and dance when they're in sunlight.

We love nature, and this is such a fun way to remind us of the outdoors when it's too cold to grow things!





P.S. I was asked, so I want to mention it... I wasn't given any products for this post. I mentioned things I really use - Crayola products are some of my favorite kids' art supplies. I like using washable markers with stamps because I can change the colors a lot, but washable markers won't work if you think your project will get wet. And, I use that AG Crafts Tag Making kit a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment