Sunday, February 23, 2014

THON!!!

This weekend, I'm in State College, and one thing I did was visit THON at Penn State.

700 of the college students pledged to stay awake and on their feet, dancing for almost 2 days - 46 hours.
The goal is to get people to donate money to help kids with cancer.
The kids also love the big party!


My seat was way up high. Can you see all the people?!?


The dancers can't sit down, so visitors don't, either.


Here's a screen showing this year's line dance. I love seeing the words the college kids come up with each year!


College kids do funny skits. This is some members of the field hockey team in silly costumes during the pep rally.

THON kids who are fighting or have beat cancer join the party and even get to help out up on stage.


I went to the pep rally to see the Majorettes perform.


And the Blue Band!


The feature twirler.



And the cheerleaders!


No comments:

Post a Comment