Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Snowy Week

Happy New Year!!

The Christmas season has been beautiful here, so far. I got to visit family out in the country in Central PA, and we had a very snowy Christmas week! 

I got back from church on Christmas morning and was thrilled to stop and see all the snow. 



I just love it out here. There's so much space. And the snow makes everything so quiet!


The snow makes all the trees look like Christmas!




(Maybe a coat and boots will help for exploring in the cold)



I went to chase the squirrels away from the bird feeder... but scared the birds, too.
(Early Christmas morning there were a lot - the Bluejays and Cardinals made it look just like a Christmas card!)


After a lot of patience, one came back. 
Can you find it?


Then, I couldn't wait to go back inside and open presents!






My Christmas presents were fantastic!!! I got some new books and clothes, and a new doll arrived... she's Dell, a Hearts for Hearts Girl from Appalachia, USA. I'll tell you more about her in the morning. I think my absolute favorite present, though, was getting to video chat with family that lives far away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment